North-Central Ohio Avian Rescue,
Quality of Life through Education,
Rescue, Rehabilitation and Adoption
3659 St. Rt. 598
DATE: __________________SPECIES: _________________________________________
BIRDS NAME: ___________________________________AGE:_____ SEX: _______
LEG BAND NUMBER: _____________________________________
ADOPTION COST: ____________________
Congratulations on being accepted as a new bird adopter. Please be aware that little background information may be available on the bird you are adopting. Therefore, it is imperative that you read, fully understand, and agree to ALL the terms of this contract.
NCOAR DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE HEALTH OR TEMPERAMENT OF THIS BIRD.
1. I will not sell, breed or transfer ownership of this bird under any circumstances.
2. I will provide this bird with a healthy and varied diet and provide clean, fresh water at all times.
3. I agree to supply bird with a large cage containing a variety of toys and perches. I will provide daily mental stimulation and exercise.
4. I accept this bird as a companion in my home with the understanding that said bird may have certain behavior problems. I agree to work with this bird in a gentle, non-threatening manner to help modify any negative behavior. I will seek advice from an avian professional whenever necessary. I also understand that some habits may never be completely altered.
5. I will take this bird to a qualified avian veterinarian within Ten (10) days of the adoption date for a complete physical examination. I also agree to take the bird for a yearly wellness check and at any sign of illness.
6. I promise to educate myself in the ever-expanding field of avian care and seek to enhance the life of this bird through new developments.
7. If, for any reason, I am unable to continue the love and care of the bird, I will immediately contact NCOAR to arrange for transfer of ownership.
8. I will keep this bird in a smoke and toxin free environment.
9. I will never take this bird outside unless confined in a secure cage or restrained in a safe and humane harness. I will provide constant supervision.
10. I will notify NCOAR of any address or telephone change.
11. I will keep this birdís wings and nails properly trimmed.
12. I understand that NCOAR may make periodic home visits and/or inquiries regarding the bird.
THIS IS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE STATED ITEMS WILL RESULT IN THE REPOSSESSION OF THIS BIRD AND FORFIETURE OF ANY ADOPTION OR OTHER COSTS.
I, the undersigned, understand and agree to all the terms in this contract. I hereby release NCOAR from any loss or liability incurred on account of the adoption of this bird.
ADOPTERS NAME: _____________________________________________________________
STREET ADDRESS: ____________________________________________________________
CITY: STATE: ZIP: _____________________________________________________________
HOME PHONE: ________________________________ WORK PHONE: __________________
FAX: E-MAIL: __________________________________________________________________
(ADOPTER) DATE: _____________________________________________________________
NCOAR AGENT: _______________________________________________________________